September 17, 2008

Starting my week....


Today the sun was shining...a play date at the park on the 'other' side of town (for those not familiar as to what that means for us, we live South East Melbourne and traveled North to meet a friend at a park)



...now home and with the usual change of weather in Spring...it is now raining, I have been inspired to write about my intended post on a groovy shop (do people still say groovy? - it was the first word that popped in my head!) that my Partner discovered whilst in Berlin.

Now my Partner is not a shopper by any stretch of the imagination, he likes to purchase what he requires and go...not a browser at all...But in between gigs and in general getting to know a new city he did browse and with success...His inspiration began with seeing a little girl in some gumboots not unlike as I posted coincidentally here...his immediate thought was he could picture our daughter wearing those same gumboots, he scoured the neighbourhood and found this delightful shop....

Glaube and Warheit



He purchased these adorable gumboots...miles too big but appropriate for next winter.



He also couldn't resist this bag for her as well! (neither can I) and I have resisted actually using it myself!

However there was one request that I asked him to follow up and as Lady Luck would have it, he managed to get the last pair in my size and requested colour "Rot" (Red in German)...they were definitely meant to be....

2 comments:

Ellieboo said...

oooooh love those gumboots - they make you long for a rainy day with lots of puddles

flossy-p said...

isn't it impressive when unshoppy-men-folk come home with brilliant self-chosen items!!!?

Your partner did a great job, these are all completely gorgeous!