May 21, 2008

On my desk.....







Back into Kirsty's meme "On my desk..." this week, I am revisiting some more work of my mother's, see previous "On my desk.." post.

I have spoken of my Mother's little suitcase of goodness and wanted to show more of her work...
this is to me exquisite, for many reasons...one it's my mum's and two cause they had time at school to produce work like this in an ordinary text book...

My mother has always been a source of inspiration to me on many creative levels. She has beautiful hand writing which has definitely influenced mine! She alway used to make our cards which I have kept many and loved..she had all these little critters which would pop up for our birthdays, Easter and Christmas cards. I always felt she had a talent to do illustration but alas she has never felt the want to follow through. I shall follow up on more of her critter drawings later and leave you with the excerpts from her school art theory book from 1953.

Note: Apologies for being late with post, just haven't had time to download photos, write post and juggle family!

No comments: