December 15, 2009

What's Hot + What's Not


We have had an enormous couple of weeks, with all things to do with celebrating the end of the year, milestones and Yuletide celebrations...

What's Hot
Attending my son's School's award night, watching his Prep class perform (as each year does) a song in English and a song in Japanese (Bilingual school!)..then the solo performances were on. My son in front of the piano has the microphone pushed in front of him, so the temptation given he loudly speaks into the microphone (deafeningly!) "Be quiet everyone!"... then amongst the giggles he launches into "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" (It kinda was a 'rock'n'roll' moment)... My partner and I were crying with laughter in that I can't believe that is our son moment' would have been funny regardless! Just magic...

Attending a talk by Cathy Walker who theme was "Understanding Children's behaviour" where she gave very insightful ways to address individual behaviour in children of a variety of ages in numerous scenarios. The pros of teaching the child about 'consequences' and the long term results that can be gained. It was very inspiring...click through the links to take a look at her website.

My daughter being accepted into a Kindergarten program just when I thought we would have to stick to childcare...I had been told that the program at our local Kinder had changed, thus half the applicants couldn't be accepted. Miffed that Public education was being exclusive I spoke to the Principal of the school...Today I received the phone call that a child had dropped out and would I like my daughter to take that position..."Of Course!"... (seems being miffed and complaining to the right people can work for you!) I am but very pleased... so she will benefit by being with established friends at Childcare one day a week and new friends at Kinder who she will continue her education with.

Finding the 'right' swimmer shorts for our summer vacation!... Work with me here this is important, when you are almost 6 months pregnant and looking at 3 weeks at the beach!!!...very important!...

All but two Christmas presents away from completing Christmas shopping... again small things here...Looking forward to some creative wrapping, like recycling from last year's leftover papers and children's artwork, we have aplethora of painted paper I have been loathed to jsut throw out and can at least brighten the Christmas tree wrappings!

Lists being written... goals being slowly kicked...

Last day of work today (for the year!)...so eagerly anticipated... timed exceptionally well with my son's last day of school and my daughter's last day of childcare..lovely synchronicity...

Not working on a Saturday!!!

Home made pizza and watching crap Foxtel shows...

What's Not
Leg cramps...

Back aches...sore back muscles were treated with a massage and a well intended rubbing in of 'Deep heat' that ended up feeling like my skin was burning, a terrible sensation and one I don't want to feel again!
Please Note: Nothing absolutely against this product, I have never had this sort of reaction to it before and have used it alot over the years for sporting injury's and muscle aches. It could just be sensitive skin from being pregnant... However, I will investigate.

A 'running of a red light' fine (Really I asked myself?, I really wish I was speeding, I'm sure the light was amber when I made the judgement to continue driving) Thus making an evening out with the girls two weeks ago, go from a really lovely 'inexpensive' night out to one where I should have just taken them all out for dinner at the most expensive restaurant in Melbourne!!! I'm gunna question this fine!!! and then like most concede defeat and pay the f*&%$#g bill.

If you like to play along or just read other What's Hot & What's Not meme's please click on to Loobylu's to read more and play along...


No comments: