November 25, 2009

What's Hot + What's Not




What's Hot

A weekend away with my daughter...flying to Canberra...so she could not only discover the joys of flying, the sense of adventure but also reconnect with a place she was unfamiliar...

Watching my daughter discover her grandparents house and especially the backyard, which is quite established and alot of fun! Many bird baths, ceramic and wire sculptures and many things for an inquistive mind with inquistive hands!

Reconnecting with family and friends whilst celebrating a milestone for my sister who turned 40 but who looks 15 years younger!!! (but naturally!)

Loving being surrounded by the clutter of my parents house and their many artworks collected over the years from local and interstate artists...

Reminding myself that plants in Interiors are so important and how I must overcome my 'phobia' that all plant life will not be killed by me (death from over or under watering!) and that I can nuture indoor plant life...

How even a weekend away can recharge your batteries...

Not thinking about anything but the 'here and now'...

Assembling a chest of drawers from Ikea...I haven't lost my 'allen key' touch


What's Not

Continuous drought and the effects on our lives...

Turbulance in airplanes...

Heavy landings so that your pelvic floor feels it helped cushion the landing of the plane!...

head lice...

runny noses...

persistant cough...

If you'd like to join in with Loobylu's What's hot + What's Not click on the hyperlink!

3 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Great list. You did make me laugh with your pelvic floor comment.

I used to live in Canberra many moons ago.

Lilli boo said...

Canberra is like that...I know a whole contingent of people who either grew up or have lived in Canberra, but now happily live in Melbourne...still like going back tho ;-)

Claire said...

I like the sound of your parents house and garden. And your not list sounds horrendous! Good luck with all that... sounds a little like what my list could sound like. xx