August 27, 2008

This is......a very late "This is..."

I do like any theme where there are books involved....

This is...My Favourite Children's book...







I certainly loved the very detailed drawings of Richard Scarry's books and so too do my children...the interior's of ship's, family homes and aeroplanes were always my favourite and I would pour over these illustrations for ages.

My new favourite modern author is Ian Falconer's series's about Olivia, they are beautifully illustrated so simple, whimsical and very expressive. The text is so delightfully witty and tongue in cheek that whilst reading these books we are all having a giggle.

Thank you to Potty mouth mamma for this weeks "This is..." suggestion and to Angela for her wonderful meme.

4 comments:

Hana said...

I too loved Richard Scarry when I was little.

The 'Olivia' books look divine. I've never heard of Ian Falconer, but I'll definitely keep an eye out when next in the bookstore.

Maureen Reynolds said...

I don't know the Olivia books but I wonder if that's why we have a rash of little girls named Olivia these days.

Moiface said...

The last image reminds my of the movie "life aquatic"... I wonder if this was intentional.

Cool!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I love the Richard Scarry books too. I'll have to check out the Olivia books sometime.