January 13, 2008

The temp is down.....


On all accounts the temperature in the weather has fallen and it is now very pleasant here in Melbourne... My baby girl after three days of temperatures has also broken the cycle of high's and is now sleeping. She has had very broken sleep (as we all have) yet as she had a very high fever last night (again) her temperature was 39.5, not off the scale but enough for me after three days of ongoing temps to feel this is the final straw... so I had her checked out, a midnight run to Monash emergency department... she's fine and it was a reassuring exercise, she's sleeping and funnily enough I feel weary but not much more, hopefully we shall all sleep well tonight....

In between all of this battling the temps I took my children into the city yesterday to be babysat by their Auntie (temps were down on all accounts then!) and I went to the "Devil's Kitchen" music festival at Cherrybar in ACDC lane.





It felt alive and I loved the music and met some great people, as well as hanging out with some great friends... my reasons for going were of course to support my partner's musical pursuits as his band were playing... there were some great moments not only in company but also in the street scapes, so I'll share some shots and my favourite one of a facade of a building just near where my sister lives in the city...the lighting is perfect!

No comments: