June 21, 2007

Where I am at with Design.




Alright I have promised to post some pictures of some of the projects I have been working on. Here is goes, These first images are from an ensuite bathroom I designed in 2005 and had built in Albert Park in 2006. The cabinet maker did a very good job of interpreting my drawings which I will add to this post to show the process required at a later date. As it was a little job it only required a pencil drawing of the vanity unit drawn to scale 1:20.
The first picture is a detail of the marble bench top and splash back next to the "American Walnut Veneer", the texture of the stone next to the timber veneer looks beautiful and works well together. The overall effect of textures, colours and light works well in what was a very tight space for an ensuite bathroom. My only dislike in this room was the Olive green textured (ripple effect)tiles the client ended up choosing for the walls, they were very muddy coloured and looked more like Cowpat green then a lovely shade of Eucalyptus green, each to their own I guess.

No comments: