April 12, 2013

2 months have passed...

Wow, time flies when your saying 'yes' to some great opportunities and also great celebrations. So in wanting to share but not indulge in a long winded writing exercise. I'll list the highlights of the last couple months for me...

It has have to be one of the best summers for a long time, lovely long hot days, lots of swimming and activities, catching up with friends and that heatwave! what a way to finish the longest summer season I can remember. The last day of the 'official' heatwave it was 37 degrees in Melbourne, so after school I took my three children to the beach, we took snacks, our boogie boards and pitched our beach tent, Dad was working so couldn't join us...



We also celebrated milestones with my birthday and my youngest son's birthday both in March:

A wonderful gift, a decadent dessert for my birthday of cherries, mascapone & chocolate.
My Beautiful Birthday Boy on his 3rd Birthday. Portrait taken by his Dad.
and finally we endured a term of school was that was very trying at times. School weeks that were 4 days due to Teacher's strike (respect*), Pupil free days, children's ills the usual colds, flu, gastro etc...

I feel like I have had one big long summer break, especially as I type this tonight and there are crickets singing and it's mid-April! I feel blessed that the start of the year has been a very different start to last year. More easy going, less strenuous and more wonderful news to come....

No comments: