February 06, 2010

This week gone by...



No not a meme, just a round up...have been sorting out upload issues with success, perseverance and late nights balanced with swollen ankles, fatigue and sometimes solid sleeps...

This week has been quite hectic with the start of the school year for my son, the start of 3yr old Kindy (we got in after all...Yay!) and celebrating 'belatedly' my daughters 3rd b'day with our playgroup friends, a small pool party after school on a very hot, balmy Melbourne summer's day!

Mixed with trying to tire out children who are all hyped up about being back into a new routine (not so carefree summer days now)...not much sleeping in and ensuring everyone is arriving on time with lunches packed as well...

In between this I have been back at work on a very part-time basis, winding up jobs, handing over and introducing our new staff member, who is taking over my role and also introducing new skills as well. Which is fantastic to feel you are leaving your much loved clients in very capable hands... (you can't help but take ownership of your client's, letting go can be hard)

There has been some leisure moments...group shopping for a girlfriend's b'day (haven't done that in years!), then off to see a movie afterwards..."It's Complicated"...which was surprisingly enjoyable and not "...just for women in their over 50's"... as I have read in many reviews. In my humble opinion sit back and enjoy, don't over analyse this movie, it's a charmer!

As all this takes place, what is so wonderful is the freeing up of one's head space to be able to concentrate on 'other' projects that have been waiting in the wings...which will be followed up in the next couple of weeks and I thankfully feel I have some time up my sleeve before the end of March. That said I have learnt some very important lessons in the last couple of months as I realise I don't need to put the pressure on myself to have everything done before the baby is born. A common phenomenon when 'nesting' and preparing for a new arrival...

Surprisingly I also have some creative projects on my list, but will mention these when they are actually in the act of fruition...one resolution for this year is to not just 'think' but 'do'...so I am off to 'do' some stuff and maybe I'll have something creative to report on next post...heh heh...

No comments: