June 22, 2009

Just a minute in June.....


Okay I skipped a couple months but have got back onto the "Just a minute...meme", I love writing this as it always feels like you are checking in on yourself...

Planning: Have completed the design of my business cards, letterhead and invoice sheet, they look terrific but I'm not sure about the colours! There's a nagging doubt in the back of my mind that the colours I have selected are now passe? (Chocolate brown and fushia pink!) A little outdated?...so am going back to my designer friend and see if she minds altering them AGAIN...better to be indecisive now and not questioning the 'look' of them when they come back from the printers!

Alot of planning, rearranging, sorting and discarding or nesting (as my partner has pointed out) We have scanned our bookshelves and got rid of two big boxes of books we know we won't revisit... I have also gone through my wardrobe and ditched clothes that hadn't been worn in two years or longer, were out of date or just out of shape! Next will be the children's stuff...toys, clothes to go to good homes and then maybe even a market...then donated to charity!

Shopping: Sales bargins have acquired a few and in the process shopping for a 6 year old boy...who has sadly moved on from Thomas the Tank engine and onto Star Wars, Ionman, Board games and all sorts of new discoveries...including a key board to bring out the inner musician in him or just to inspire him.

Watching: Not much, have been catching upon many movies that I haven't been able to see over the years! Have actually been to the movies and saw "My Year without sex" as written and directed by Sarah Watts..just wonderful... Still watching 'Brothers & Sisters', my it is so bad it's good (do you know what I mean!), Have been addicted to a new series from the States that will be coming out to Australia soon from the wonderful creative peoples at AMC called "Breaking Bad" it is unbelievably good...check it out!

Reading: Well as usual I have a combo of magazines and books on the go...Currently absorbed in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" By Steig Larsson...I also decided to indulge in some online purchases on Amazon after the Aussie dollar rose again and am now enjoying besides Apples for Jam!).."Domino - The book of decorating" By Deborah Needleman/Sara Ruffin Costello & Dara Caponigro, A gorgeous little decorating reference book and quite delightful ideas flowing through...(more on this book later!), I also on a whim purchased "Life is a Verb" by Patti Digh and "Taking Flight..Inspiration and techniques to give your creative spirit wings!" By Kelly Rae Roberts

Indulging: Hot chocolate, some new winter clothes, Hot chocolate, tupperware parties everywhere, Hot chocolate, going to the movies, Hot chocolate, seeing the 'Dali exhibition', Hot chocolate - yummo!

Eating:
Have finally purchased "Apples for Jam" by Tessa Kiros on Amazon...Am amazed at how many blogs are still raving about this book, which has easily influenced my purchasing decision! It's truly beautiful and after flicking through this book, I think I will start with 'Roast Veal with oranges and lemons', 'Steak pie' and the 'Potato and Leek soup'... all very inspiring!

If you wanna join in visit Jen's blog August Street for more details.

No comments: