December 27, 2008

99 things meme


Italy - Venice, Gondola, originally uploaded by felix_haslimeier.


Copied from Pea soup.

Wanna play? Copy text below and play along too....

Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog. (Obviously)

2. Slept under the stars. (On a school excursion to Lake Mungo, NSW in 1986....was absolutely amazing!)

3. Played in a band. (Jammed with a band twice...no potential for me on that front!)

4. Visited Hawaii.

5. Watched a meteor shower.

6. Given more than you can afford to charity.

7. Been to Disneyland/world.
(Tokyo Disneyland, Japan 1989... was 21 years old at the time but my friends and I were able to pass ourselves off as 16 year olds...had a ball!)

8. Climbed a mountain. (Mt Kosciusko, Cooma NSW!)

9. Held a praying mantis.

10. Sang a solo. (Year 10 play called "God" written by Woody Allen..... I had to sing Happy Birthday in an American accent... I think i pulled it off... lots of people signed Year 10 book thinking I was going to be an actress..Huh!)

11. Bungee jumped. NEVER

12. Visited Paris. (Last there 1994, Would love to visit there again with my family)

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. (From my Grandmother's balcony in Pambula, NSW)

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
(mmmm, Many things I think could come under this statement like Photography however have had a little instruction at Uni and Art classes over the years)

15. Adopted a child. (Like the idea but I'm no Angeline Jolie!!)

16. Had food poisoning.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

18. Grown your own vegetables.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.

20. Slept on an overnight train. (From Milan, Italy to Amsterdam, Holland in 1994...was a positive experience)

21. Had a pillow fight. (Had...Still do!)

22. Hitch hiked. (My travels in both Ireland and Scotland in 1994 saw me hitchhike several times... mostly hilarious experiences with some very nice people and one solo effort in the Lochs of Scotland which in hindsight may not have been my smartest move!- nothing happened but if you read murder mysteries it had all the right ingrediants...nieve twenty something hitchhiking alone...I'll stop there.)

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (I used to call them mental health days for when full-time work was getting to much!!)

24. Built a snow fort. (Snowman, yes...Snow fort...probably one day)

25. Held a lamb. (Many a time on my Grandparents property/farm...used to help on the days they cut the lambs tails off and immunised them as well..)

26. Gone skinny dipping. (Many times and hope to again...)

27. Run a marathon. (Does a 9km run count???)

28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. (When in Venice looked longingly at the gondolas but wanted to wait until I was with my true love! Aawwww)

29. Seen a total eclipse. (Several times)

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.

31. Hit a home run. (Softball match in Year 10 playing a rival school..had been asked to fill-in for a sick player..nonetheless I proved my worth)

32. Been on a cruise. (not my style)

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.

35. Seen an Amish community. (Curious)

36. Taught yourself a new language. (Plan too!)

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (debating the merits of this question?)

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. (yes, again the infamous trip of 1994)

39. Gone rock climbing. (mmm..how high and does it have to be deemed a true rock climbing face?..I have climbed rocks. Does that count?)

40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person.

41. Sung Karaoke. (Yes and very badly at that! Never trust a drunk friend to select the song as you'll end up singing a song so far out of your vocal range you sound like a pre-pubescent boy with his voice breaking...Try Linda Ronstadt's 'Bluer Bayou" for size....)

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (Curious)

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa. (Definitely want to)

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance.

47. Had your portrait painted.

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. (I've stood underneath it, but I never made it to the top, refer to q.28 for rest of answer!)

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling. (Snorkelling yes but no where of significance... would love to do both at the Barrier reef before it is a distant memory)

52. Kissed in the rain. ( I think so...)

53. Played in the mud. ( Oh Yes..this is a right of passage for all kids!)

54. Gone to a drive-in theatre. (Kid of the seventies...it was a definite family outing)

55. Been in a movie. (Not yet..would like to though)

56. Visited the Great Wall of China.

57. Started a business. (Quite a possibility)

58. Taken a martial arts class.

59. Visited Russia. (Curious)

60. Served at a soup kitchen.

61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. (No, and a little too late for this one. Bought some off my sister who was a mad-keen Girl Guide)

62. Gone whale watching. (Touristy boat tour on Twofold Bay, Eden NSW)

63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
(How about Received? - Yes and it was a beautiful gesture).

64. Donated blood.

65. Gone sky diving. (No, see q.11 re:Bungy jumping. Although I am curious!)

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. (Still not sure about this one)

67. Bounced a cheque

68. Flown in a helicopter.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. (Many books, a doll and many doll's clothes, loads of things really)

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.

71. Eaten Caviar.

72. Pieced a quilt. (Plan to one day!!)

73. Stood in Times Square. (I would love to visit New York, hopefully sooner then later)

74. Toured the Everglades. (Not sure about this one)

75. Been fired from a job. (Once, from a waitressing job where I was told I had an "Attitude problem", quite funny at the time)

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.

77. Broken a bone.

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. (Not interested!!!)

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. (Definitely)

80. Published a book.

81. Visited the Vatican. (Yes, again in 1994, I got around that year!)

82. Bought a brand new car. (Still have brand new car which isn't brand new anymore and actually turning 8 years old in 2009!).

83. Walked in Jerusalem. (Curious)

84. Had your picture in the newspaper. (Social pages of the Canberra times for a launch of an Interior fitout I was involved with.... the glasses I was wearing at the time were truly tre-tragic)

85. Read the entire Bible. (Kiddy's version!)

86. Visited the White House.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (Uh Huh? - Maybe if Jamie Oliver was present... purely for his savvy cooking methods)

88. Had chickenpox. (and shingles!!)

89. Saved someone’s life.

90. Sat on a jury.

91. Met someone famous. (I have hugged Hugh Jackman before he was famous.... I met Michael Hutchence and got his autograph in early stages of his career - bear in mind I was 16 years old.... and have had minor brushes with A, B & C list Aussie celebrities!! too numerous to mention or be excited about!)

92. Joined a book club. (Involved with a book club for a year now...)

93. Lost a loved one.

94. Had a baby. (Twice...)

95. Seen the Alamo in person. (Not in my top 10 travel adventures this one!)

96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.

97. Been involved in a law suit. (Was taken to court over an apartment I was renting in Sydney...the owner who lived in Germany at the time challenged the "Natural wear'n'tear" claim against myself and flatmate as not looking after his dilapidated flat... needless to say we won!!)

98. Owned a cell phone. (I own a mobile phone)

99. Been stung by a bee. (Unfortunately so)

No comments: