July 01, 2008

First day of the new year....

Well figuratively speaking....

Okay, so now we back on track, besides the road to full recovery for our daughter, there are some other exciting things that my little family are going to look forward too.



In five weeks my partner heads overseas for 3 weeks... that in itself is daunting but exciting. I have many family members coming to stay whether for a night (a sleepover as my five year old tell you!) or a week and I am really excited... Don't get me wrong... I will very much miss MD but he is embarking on a journey that should have been taken 10 years prior but the opportunity has arisen for him now and he has embraced it (as I have) and off he goes to Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. The poignant thing about this trip is he's not just going to Europe for the first time, he is also traveling with three mates and whilst they are there they will be playing gigs with their band including a music festival in Holland.

Now their band is not well known, they have been playing for years and have a very small following here in Melbourne. They all still have to keep their day jobs. They have been playing for almost 10 years now... with various line-ups but have finally found the one (4 years ago)! and after recording an EP over 18 months ago and then promoting through My Space...they have created enough interest which includes online reviews, a distribution deal and now gigs in Europe. As you are all well aware NEVER underestimate the power of the Internet.

It's frigging exciting... more for the experience as opposed to the What ifs...? and also allowing that possibility to happen... Some trips are a right of passage and this one certainly is... Friends have asked if I am going... at this point I say... this is a trip that needs to be done without partners and children.... I'm happy with that! There may be room next year for a trip overseas and that's another prospect that's very exciting and definitely something to look forward too....

No comments: