February 08, 2008

I'm workshopping a big event...


I haven't mentioned it much but the time has come to announce that I am turning "40" next month and have to say that I going through the motions...it's more about leaving my "30's" and embracing turning "40".

I think I am starting to accept the fact, as I have laid the foundations for a very big shindig at a secret locale, sorry I am not Corey (silly young Aussie boy who invited over 500 people to his parents house through facebook) I have only invited 100 of my nearest and dearest friends and that's just through facebook. If your wandering why I am going through the 'I have load's of friends wank'...well really with three sisters and having lived in three different city's and one very provincial country town (Not Canberra..all jokes aside)...it's a very large network we have created.

I just felt bigger the better and with a theme...let bygones be bygones...invite everyone who has ever invited me...No, really what's the theory that only 40%-50% (note:made up statistic) will turn up to an event? So if I even have 20 people turn up..I'll be happy..it's really not about the numbers and definitely not about the presents (seriously!) it's about the presence of people who have been part of your journey and who may not have all met each other, but have impacted in your life at some point whether they are family, friend or colleague etc...

So I have 'bit the bullet' decided not to 'bury my head' and slink out the door but hold the head up and say "I am ready!"...and I know this must sound absolutely pathetic to anyone who has turned 'Forty' already but hey...we all have our process and next year I'll be joking along with you as the next round of Generation X's embrace's FORTY..which includes one of my sister's..heh heh...

No comments: